in case you din't know what the GRE is, it's the Graduate Record Exam. it's needed for entry into most graduate programs in America. anyway, i saw this email/reply from a mailing group i'm in..
>This test ( the GRE ) scares me. :) I will probably be taking off a semester
>before even trying this. I have heard horror stories about it.
More good news. You know what I think? I think the ordeal of getting into a Psychology program is actually some kind of Psychological Experiment. They are trying to see how many different mental disorders can be caused by the stress of trying to get through their application processes.
This whole "Competitive Education" thing is too sick and twisted to be a "real" process. It has to be part of some sadistic experiment - like the ones they used to do before we had rules of ethics.
that's an interesting thought.. makes me of the Stanford Prison Expt.. but then again, the schools wud want the 'brightest' students for their programs, afterall they DO give subsidies to the students to help them out.. *sigh*
