Sunday, January 21, 2007

amazingly apalling

Watched True Files just now about the armed robbery.. It was interesting as it's the first case held after the abolishment of the jury system, as well as the first hanging where NO ONE was injured. It also gave an insight to how unreliable eye witness testimony can be. But anyway back to the point of this post.. In the courtroom while cross examining the witness, either the defense lawyer or the judge first asked: did you see the bullet flying out of the gun. I repeat, SEE BULLET FLY OUT OF GUN. And this was asked numerous time. *slaps head* Lawyers and judges are educated people, yes they do not specialize in Physics, but it's like OMG, how could you ask such a thing?! Where did your brain go?!?!?! Unless your eyes can capture images in slow motion, how the heck is one able to see the bullet fly out of the nuzzle? I dun even see bullets flying out of guns when i watch shows on TV or in the cinemas, except in slow-mo, DUH. All i can catch is the smoke/flash after the bullet exits the gun and sometimes the bullet casing.

---

sch work sux. brain not in the mode of writing essays. so work done is going at S.N.A.I.L P.A.C.E. 2 critiques in 2-3 weeks. Exam in 4 weeks. And another paper due at the end of Feb, which still can wait. But the 2 papers due soon (and their respective readings).. UGH. x_X & T_T help? *head-desk* *weep* 1 to critique a quasi-experiment. Another to critique a seminar where the topic i chose was on aviation & psych. I kinda hate myself for choosing this topic. I have to admit it is interesting in comparison to the other topics, but perhaps it's also due to a certain bias owing to my past. *head-desk again*

Wish me luck. I'll need lots of it. Or someone be nice and kick my butt into starting completing my assignments? :P

---

Dinner tmr with the girls @ Holland V to celebrate my b dae. Another year has passed by. SO FAST & SO SCARY. Not too long ago we were celebrating our 21st b daes.. and now another year added to our age. *sigh*